Treatment for Shoulder Pain at Multicare Health Clinic with our Sioux City Chiropractor
At Multicare Health Clinic in Sioux City, IA we take shoulder pain seriously. After carefully examining your shoulder and determining the cause of your shoulder pain, our chiropractor will develop a treatment plan to help restore your shoulder to normal function. There are a number of reasons you may experience pain in your shoulder, and your chiropractor will complete a variety of diagnostic tests to figure out why your shoulder hurts.
Causes of Shoulder Pain That Can Be Treated With Chiropractic Care
Shoulder pain can be caused by a variety of reasons, and chiropractic care looks to get to the root of the problem so that you can recover fully. Chiropractic care uses gentle manipulation strategies, stretching exercises, hot and cold therapy, massage, ultrasound and more to improve your range of motion, reduce inflammation and restore your shoulder joint. Causes of shoulder pain include:
• A dislocated shoulder: When your shoulder becomes dislocated after an accident or injury, the shoulder will need to be coaxed back into place. Once the shoulder joint is set, the muscles, ligaments, and tendons around the shoulder can cause pain.
• Shoulder bursae: Your shoulder bursae are tiny, fluid-filled sacks that provide cushioning for your shoulder joint: If they become inflamed, you can experience pain in your shoulder until the inflammation is reduced. Chiropractic adjustments can help alleviate unnecessary pressure on your bursae because of misalignment.
• Frozen shoulder: This is often caused by scar tissue that causes your shoulder joint capsule to get thicker and hard. With a range of motion exercises, gentle stretching, and other therapies, your chiropractor can help restore the range of motion and reduce pain in your shoulder.
• A rotator cuff injury: When you injure your rotator cuff, the range of motion in your shoulder will be greatly reduced: If this is the cause of your pain, your chiropractor will slowly work on your shoulder to reduce inflammation and improve circulation to the area.
• Strains & Sprains: These are common causes of shoulder pain. Chiropractic care can speed up the healing process by improving circulation and increasing range of motion.
Tendinitis: When your tendons around your shoulder are inflamed, this can cause significant pain. Rest, ice and massage can restore function.
Get Helps for Your Shoulder Pain in Sioux City, IA Now
If you are suffering from shoulder pain and you aren't able to find relief with medications, rest and traditional care, contact Multicare Health Clinic in Sioux City at (712) 276-4325 and set up an initial consultation. You will soon understand how chiropractic care can greatly reduce your shoulder pain and get you back to the activities you love.