1.Exercise Regularly—This does not mean anything overly strenuous. Something as simple as a daily walk can make a huge impact on your health.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet—Proper nutrients allow the body to repair itself easier. Eat organic, unrefined foods and drink at least eight glasses of pure water every day. Avoid drugs, whether recreational or prescribed, including alcohol and caffeine.
3. Maintain Good Posture—Are you sitting up straight as you read this?
4. Sleep on Your Back or Side, Never Your Stomach—Avoid sleeping on your stomach, it twists your neck; avoid the fetal position, it reverses your spinal curves.
5. Invest in a Good Chair, Pillow and Mattress—When you think about the amount of time you use these things each day, it’s worth it.
6. Stretch Your Spine Before and After Sports—This will also help to loosen up the surrounding muscles.
7. Stretch Your Legs and Back After Each Hour of Sitting—whether in a car or at a desk, stretching regularly will help to keep you from tightening up or injuring yourself further.
8. Never cradle the phone between your neck and shoulder.
9. Do Not Overload Your Backpack, Purse or Wallet. Remember to carry it over both shoulders to balance the load (if possible). Keep your wallet out of your back pocket when sitting, especially when driving.
10. Remember To Visit Us Regularly—Especially if you are ill, under a lot of stress, pregnant or in an accident or trauma. Remember, it is much easier to prevent a problem than to correct one.
Most insurance plans are accepted at our office. If you are unsure of your coverage, do not hesitate to call us at (712) 276-4325.
Our staff will verify and explain your benefits before treatment, at no charge.